October 30, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #1


In my search for new reading material I've come across 'Wishlist Wednesday' - a blog hop where you write about one book that's on your wishlist to read. It can be something that's been there for a while or something that you've just added. I've not taken part in many blog hops before but I can see myself doing this regularly as there are a lot of books out there I want to read and taking time to write about them might encourage me to get them off my wishlist and onto my Kindle!

The blog hop is hosted by Dani @ Pen To Paper

The book that has made my wishlist this week is Carnage by Maxime Chattam:


When a massacre takes place in a Harlem school, Lamar, A New York detective for twelve years, is called to the scene. A student, aged seventeen, has shot everyone in his path before shooting himself. Having collected all the evidence, Lamar reconstructs the blood-soaked morning of the killer. Ten days later, a second massacre occurs at a school in Queens. Once more, a student kills multiple victims before turning the gun on himself. A new massacre occurs elsewhere. Three sets of killings in three weeks, all the same with the perpetrators committing suicide. It isn't just a coincidence...



The book looks pretty short and has been translated from French so I'm interested to see how well the author can squeeze all the twists and turns needed for a good thriller into a short story and I hope that nothing is lost in translation. I'm definitely looking forward to getting into this one ... I love a good thriller!

Want to join in??

  • Follow Pen to Paper as the host
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get your hands on and read
  • Write a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere on your post with a note about the host
  • Visit the other blogs, follow and enjoy :)

Thanks for reading! Please comment below and tell me what's on your wishlist this week....