September 30, 2012

Learn A New Skill

Time can sometimes run away with us... I mean, it's almost October already and for most of us the last year will have passed by in the blink of an eye.
Since I met Paul he's helped me realise what it means to find the time to do things you love. For him it can be anything from writing music to building motorbikes. I learned that I should pursue some of my own interests and learn some new skills too. I started off with running, and more recently have turned my hand to crochet. I had never crocheted anything before but YouTube is a great teacher!
I've had some delays while the (awesome) ladies at Ramshambles have been locating some final balls of yarn for me (the sort I'm using has been discontinued). This is the *almost* finished result... I still have one more row to attach then the border to complete around the outside.

I have to admit, I'm quite proud of how it's turned out! I can't wait to finish it and snuggle under it while creating some more masterpieces ;) 


When I look back at my year and consider what I have achieved, at least I know I learned at least one new skill

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is great i would love to learn something new.Today i was thinking about some really big holed cardigans my friends mum use to make us.She could make one in s few hour with the big chunky needles.I bet they would look so cool now im going to look into it tomorrow :) thanks for stopping by my blog have a lovely week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. I get frustrated when something I've been crafting with is no longer available. It has happened several times. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Hoping your week is a sweet one. Hopping over from creative Monday Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinning this :)whoo I see your a running off to follow you on Dailymile too ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I had been toying with the idea myself.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)